The chromium(VI) used for chromium plating treatment is supposed to be prohibited for its use and regulated world-widely due to the facts that it is harmful and poisonous for human body.
The chromate treatment of zinc plating is used in the wide range of industries.
It is required to replace the chromate treatment. In other words,
non-chrome surface treatment technology is required urgently.
AT-21, which is one of the new chemical conversion coatings, does not contain any chromium compounds.
AT-21 is a new technology which is environment friendly with which you can make up excellent corrosion resistance film for zinc and zinc alloy.
* Features of AT-21
Non-chrome AT-21 is a new surface treatment technology for plating for zinc and zinc alloy without using any chromium compounds.
This new chemical conversion coatings technology does not contain any chromium compounds and you can make up excellent corrosion resistance film for zinc and zinc alloy.
• Global environment friendly
No chromium compounds included • Corrosion
Corrosion resistance same as chromate treatment • Cost
AT-21 is cheaper than trivalent chromium.
Difference between non-chrome AT-21 and trivalent chromium treatment
Chromate and trivalent chromium treatment
•The chromate treatment including chromium (VI) is used for the surface treatment in the wide
range of industry.
• The chromate treatment including chromium (VI) is one of the restriction objects and should be
prohibited for its use.
• Cost of trivalent chromium treatment is higher than chromium (VI) or non-chrome AT-21.
• The plating liquid of trivalent chromium is difficult to manage.
The chemical conversion coatings of non-chrome AT-21
• Corresponding to the chromium (VI) regulation since non-chrome AT-21 does not including
any chromium compounds.
• Corrosion resistance is same as chromate treatment
• AT-21 consists of the materials which are environment friendly and is cost effective for waste
• Non-chrome AT-21 is cheaper than trivalent chromium cost-wisely.
* Application industry of AT-21
Non-chrome AT-21 chemical conversion coatings is new surface treatment corresponding to the chrome regulation since it does not contain any chrome compounds.